Sulphur tuft ???
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
|Hypholoma fasciculare, commonly known as the sulphur tuft, sulfur tuft or clustered woodlover, is a common woodland mushroom, often in evidence when hardly any other mushrooms are to be found. This saprophagic small gill fungus grows prolifically in large clumps on stumps, dead roots or rotting trunks of broadleaved trees.|
The \"Sulphur Tuft\" is bitter and poisonous; consuming it can cause vomiting, diarrhea and convulsions. The principal toxic constituents have been named fasciculol E and fasciculol F.
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|