This is the Palestine Sunbird, Cinnyris osea. The Purple Sunbird lives more to the east. But it looks like this one.
Very beautiful photo of this sunbird in exceptional clear colors and splendid sharpness. Nice OOF background.
- euroblinkie (64279)
- [2016-11-03 7:48]
this is beautiful
i like the composition with many differend colours
thanks gr lou
- mamcg (9843)
- [2016-11-03 8:27]
A superb catch, beautiful may LORD give me the vocabulary of Latin language that I could praise more and more.
- Hotelcalifornia (14408)
- [2016-11-03 10:02]
Beautiful coloured Sunbird. Well captured. Very nice colour and details. I like its composition too. Well BG too.
Thanks for sharing,
- kobala (368)
- [2016-11-03 12:24]
Very good one. The birds with iridescent colors are always tricky. Unless you have enough light, the colors will not be clear. Your picture is sharp,clear with good light.
- lousat (65489)
- [2016-11-03 12:29]
Hi Ron,magnificent shot of this sunbird,not a easy location but a great capture of the plumage details and metallic colors too,well done. Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
- ramthakur (56953)
- [2016-11-03 19:33]
A familiar male Sunbird, Ron. We have a similar species in India too.
Perfect perspective and focus. The details and colors are amazing.
This is a prize catch from your visit to the Middle East.
- Alan_Kolnik (2616)
- [2016-11-04 4:14]
Excellent shot, and I must say quite remarkable. I have tried to capture a shot of one of these for several years on visits, and found the move around so much I was never really successful. I posted a couple of shots on this site, nothing close to the clarity you achieved. Most Israelis think they are humming birds, BTW, which of course they are not. The bush it is standing on is very typical of where I have seen them, so really excellent in showing them in their typical environment.
- amanengone (2113)
- [2016-11-13 8:40]
Hello Ron – Very goog picture of this Cinnyris osea. Excellent, view showing us all the details of the feathers. Mettalic and vivid colours from the bird properly caught. Excellent job.
• Good focus on the wings showing all the feathers
• Perfect exposure with an appropriate choice of aperture/speed and iso for the bird
• Good depth of field and acceptable sharpness
• Good contrast
• Excellent point of view, showing a maximum of details
• Precise white balance and exact colour rendering
• Good post processing without any excess
• Good background blur and interesting posture of the bird on the flowers (probably a variety of Lantana.
• Impressive picture showing the body, wings and feathers of the bird; good capture; I like the eye of this bird.
• Efficient framing and composition with an appropriate disposition of the subject in the center inside the frame
Thank you for the sharing.
Have a good day.
- Biswarup (8282)
- [2016-12-15 1:52]
- CeltickRanger (37400)
- [2016-12-17 15:34]
Great shot of this sunbird, fine lateral POV with beautiful eye-contact
and catch-light, excellent light, great focus, sharpness, and details, TFS
- pierrefonds (12974)
- [2016-12-20 16:22]
The leaves are helping to frame the bird. The point of view is showing the details of the Palestine Sunbird. The good luminosity is enhancing the beauty of the colours. Have a nice day.