|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
Coenonympha arcania, (Linnaeus, 1761)
Turkish Name: Funda Zıpzıp Perisi Kelebeği
Distribution in Turkey: In general, more common in the Black Sea and Marmara regions. Northern Turkey.
Distribution in the world: South and west of Spain with the exception of Great Britain and Scandinavia, all over Europe.Russia's south and shows the spread in Turkey.
Distribution in the world: South and west of Spain with the exception of Great Britain and Scandinavia, all over Europe. Russia's south and shows the spread in Turkey.
Living Area: From sea level, the terrain can be seen up to the heights of 2100 meters. Meadows, fields, road edges and forest openings of life.
Flight time: One generation per year. Mid-May to June in the west. July to mid-August in the east.
Food Plants of the caterpillar: This butterfly caterpillars, feeding on plants and develop Grasses of cenera Festuca Poa and Brachypodium.
Description-Notes: Type Locality: Sweden. The genus Coenonympha comprises just about are 13-14 species in Europe. Easy to do not turn the wing. Coenonympha family's aesthetic - the beautiful little butterflies.This species is difficult to separate males and females. They lie butterfly caterpillars hibernate.April-May the caterpillars pupate in May, they begin to fly since the mid-aback as the interests and the adult
butterfly. Broad, irregular cream postmedian band on hindwing with large eyespots is unique among Turkish butterflies. Note the silvery gray submarginal line on hindwing.
Origin of the name: Arcania (Latin) - a mysterious, secretive.
Wingspan: 32-40 mm long.
• Alpine heath – Coenonympha gardetta, (de Prunner, 1798)
• Scarce Heath – Coenonympha hero, (Linnaeus, 1761)
• Darwin's Heath – Coenonympha darwiniana, (Staudinger, 1871)
• Dusky Heath – Coenonympha dorus, (Esper, )
• Corsican Heath – Coenonympha corinna, (Hübner, )
1. Baytas A., 2007. A field guide to the butterflies of Turkey, NTV Yayinlari, Istanbul.150 pp.
2. Lepiforum.de : http://www.lepiforum.de/lepiwiki.pl?Coenonympha_Arcania
3. Lepidoptera and their ecology»by Wolfgang Wagner :http://www.pyrgus.de/Coenonympha_arcania_en.html
4. Lepidoptera Caucasi :http://babochki-kavkaza.ru/index.php/satyridae/145-coenonympha-arcania---/209--coenonympha-arcania.html
5. Moths and Butterflies of Europe :http://www.leps.it/indexjs.htm?SpeciesPages/CoenoArcan.htm
6. Moths and butterflies of Sweden :http://www.lepidoptera.se/species/coenonympha_arcania.aspx
7. EuroButterflies »Matt Rowling :http://www.eurobutterflies.com/sp/arcania.php
8. Anonymous Butterflies of Turkey :http://www.trakel.org/kelebekler/[email protected]&tur=Funda%20Z%C4%B1pz%C4%B1p%20Perisi
9. Butterflies Watching & Photography Society in Turkey : http://www.adamerkelebek.org/IcerikDetay.asp?IcerikKatId=7&TurId=159
Hotelcalifornia, periko, iti has marked this note useful
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|
Excellent photograph of this 'Pearly Heath' butterfly. As usual splendid BG and well composition. I like details too. Great work....
Thanks for sharing with informative NOTE with reference,
- [2015-11-30 11:58]
Amazing image of Coenonympha arcania, excellent composition, excellent sharpness and details, very nice BG, nice POV, great DOF
- [2015-11-30 17:44]
Great photo, as usual. Balanced composition with perfect sharpness and soft colors.
- [2015-11-30 20:03]
What a great shot of this Pearly Heath in a wonderful pose. This particular butterfly is not all that easy to photograph due to it's unique wing texture. The lower wing has a furry almost wisker-like look to it. You have done a fantastic job on focus, composition, color and exposure. The clean BG is a bonus. Love it!!
- [2015-12-01 1:04]
this is a great photo. Great colours, excellent sharpness and POV. This is a very nice composition. I like it very much.Regards Sigi
Ciao Seyfi, great macro of lovely small butterfly on beautiful blurry BG, fine details, wonderful colors and splendid sharpness, very welll done, my friend ciso Silvii
- [2015-12-01 1:08]
What a perfection! Amazing sharpness and details in splendid clear colours and a very nice composition. I like the blurred background.
- [2015-12-01 6:34]
Hi Seyfi,spectacular capture another time,great sharpness and natural colors for this rare coenonympha,present in Italy too but not in my fields.Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
- [2015-12-01 9:47]
Beautiful butterfly,amazing colored. Very good composition and details.
superb shot with fantastic colors, the details are simply perfect,
beautiful pose and POV
Have a good night
- [2015-12-02 14:25]
Great picture of this beatiful animal. Great sharpness, light, color and composition.
Beautiful butterfly with perfect sharpness.
Great shot Seyfi as allways
beautiful colours and nice BG
the composition and sharpness are also very good
thanks gr lou