|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
Polyommatus eumedon, (Esper,)
Turkish Name: Çokgözlü Geranyummavisi Kelebeği.
Distribution in Turkey: Marmara, Central Anatolia, Eastern Anatolia.
Distribution in the world: The total range extends from central and northern Europe via Turkey, the Urals, Tien Shan and Altai to Mongolia. Island-like occurrences are known from northern and eastern Spain, southern France, central Italy to Sicily and the southern Balkans.
Living Area: The altitudinal distribution extends depending on the latitude of sea level to 2400 m against, in Fennoscandia to a maximum of 1300 meters. Habitat are both dry and wet, often interspersed with bushes or trees, flower-rich meadows and tall herb communities with adequate stocks of caterpillars forage crops.
Flight time: The adults fly in one generation, depending on the altitude, from mid-May to mid-August.
Food Plants of the caterpillar: food plants of the caterpillars are sangineum Geranium , Geranium sylvaticum , Geranium tuberosum , Geranium palustre , Geranium pratense and geranium cinereum . The caterpillar eats before the winter only to the unripe fruit, wintered small and eats then also on the leaves. She lives in symbiosis with Lasius alienus , and Myrmica - and Tapinoma species.
Description-Notes: Uppersides of both sexes are dark brown, usually with submarginal orange lunules on hindwing. Grayish brown with pale submarginal band of orange spots and a postmedian band of white -ringed black spots on both wings. Hindwing has conspicuous blue basal flush. Majority of individuals have a straight white stripe connecting hindwing discoidal spot to submarginal band on hindwing
Wingspan: 24-34 mm long.
• Northern Brown Argus– Aricia artaxerxes, (Fabricius, 1793)
• Brown Argus– Aricia agestis, (Denis & Schiffermüller, 1775)
• Spanish Argus– Aricia morronensis, (Ribbe, 1910)
• Blue Argus – Aricia anteros, (Freyer, 1839)
1. Baytas A., 2007. A Field Guide To The Butterflies Of Turkey/NTV Yayinlari, Istanbul. .80 pp.
2. Marion and Michael Kurz and Zeller, Christof: Natural History Information System - Geranium argus
3. Moths and Butterflies : Europe and North Africa - Geranium argus
4. AdaMerOs Kelebek’s : Butterflies Watching & Photography Society in Turkey - Geranium argus
5. Butterflies of Bulgaria: Butterflies of Bulgaria - Geranium argus
6. EuroButterflies : Matt Rowlings's European Butterflies Species Page - Geranium argus
7. Lepiforum.de: Help for determining the proven European butterfly species- Geranium argus
8. Trakel: Anonymous Butterflies of Turkey - Geranium argus
9. Schmetterling - Raupe: Butterflies of Germany - Geranium argus
10. Babochki-kavkaza’s: Lepidoptera Caucasi - Geranium argus
Hotelcalifornia, marius-secan has marked this note useful
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|
Precise and useful NOTE.OOutstanding BG with excellent detailed picture of this beautiful Butterfly.I like its colour and POV too.
Thanks for sharing,
Regards and have a nice time,
- [2014-05-13 8:34]
Wonderful macro of this butterfly in splendid colours and great sharpness. Beautiful composition with an excellent blurred background.
- [2014-05-13 9:10]
Hi Seyfi,magnificent capture of this small polyommatus,very rare and taken with spectacular sharpness and perfect colors,very elegant composition too and a perfect exposure of the white of daisy petals.Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
- [2014-05-13 11:12]
Merhaba Seyfi Bey,
nadide türün güzel fotoğrafı..tebrikler.
Ciao Seyfi, lovely little butterfly on nice Daisy, beautiful blurry BG, superb sharpness, splendid light, fine details and wonderful colors, very well done, my friend, ciao Silvio
Your are a true artist in taking pictures with such amazing details. Excellent piece of work.....A top quality image! The details, focus and sharpness are splendid. Lovely contrast of this beautiful butterfly against the green environment.Very nice composition.
- [2014-05-14 14:47]
Seyfi bey, yine temizliği ve renk doygunluğu ile nefis bir aktarım; .. kutlarım.