A beautiful capture indeed, Ron.
Writing from mobile is not my comfort zone, so making it short.
- PeterZ (49139)
- [2016-10-31 6:55]
Beautiful photo of this heron. Excellent sharpness, natural colors and a nice composition.
- kobala (368)
- [2016-10-31 8:53]
Nice photo. The duckweed background is interesting. Nice composition.
- summers (705)
- [2016-10-31 9:12]
The sheen on the water and duckweed really makes the shot special,
- Hotelcalifornia (14408)
- [2016-10-31 11:43]
Well captured this Blue Heron. To me Duckweed doesn't look bad in the BG. Sometime it's very difficult to crop such posing bird. Details are good and well focus on its eye.
Thanks for sharing,
- lousat (65489)
- [2016-10-31 15:49]
Hi Ron,absolutely fantastic,the best DOF for the best details,and the background so flat and uniform is perfect to transform the pic in a peinture,very very well done! Have a nice day and thanks,Luciano
- periko (1487)
- [2016-10-31 23:15]
This is a beauty, Ron. The green tone of the surroundings contrast nicely with the heron. The bird is sharp and beautiful. Great picture.
- amanengone (2113)
- [2016-11-01 16:51]
Hello Ron – Very attractive picture of this Ardea herodias with an excellent view showing us all the details of the feather from the wings.
• Excellent focus on the wings and more generally on all the bird ; with a special mention to the eye
• Perfect exposure with an appropriate choice of aperture/speed and iso.
• Perfect depth of field and sharpness – The lateral view is a good choice
• Good contrast
• Excellent sharpness showing all the details of the feathers
• Precise white balance and exact colour rendering for the bird
• Good post processing without any excess
• Good background blur
• Background being a little bit too present; but, as you say, it is often difficult to avoid this.
• Interesting picture and good capture.
• Efficient framing and composition with an appropriate disposition of the subject inside the frame. Good composition in lateral capture, showing all the details of the bird
• Interesting to compare your Ardea herodias from Americas with our Ardea cirerea from Eurasia (in fact, very few differences between the two species (mainly the size)
Thank you for the sharing.
Have a good day.
Good shot of this bird. If you are lucky you can see them using a stick to stir up the mud in an area like this and fish for whatever small creatures they dig up. I am constantly surprised at how common they seem to be in the US - I wonder if their numbers are increasing?
- pierrefonds (12974)
- [2017-02-21 7:48]
I like the reflectionms on the water. The point of view is showing the details of the Blue Heron. The good luminosity is enhancing the colours. Have a nice day.