Darkling Beetle ?
- kobala (368)
- [2016-11-20 21:32]
Very Interesting. Fascinating characteristic of the Darkling beetle is its ability to create water internally. The beetles don't need an external water source to survive. Instead their bodies fabricate it from other molecules ( http://animals.mom.me/darkling-beetles-6318.html). How I wish humans could do it. Beautiful photo. Exciting to learn new things. Thanks for sharing.
- Athila (1982)
- [2016-11-21 9:39]
Nice close-up well composed. Excellent details. TFS
- PeterZ (49139)
- [2016-11-21 13:03]
Sorry, I can't help with the identification.
Very nice close photo of this beetle. Good sharpness, details and contrasting colors. The POV is a bit high.
- ramthakur (56953)
- [2016-11-22 2:22]
A very sharp picture of a dark Beetle you took in the Middle East, Ron.
With its head down, we get a slight view of one of its eyes.
The details on its back are really interesting.
- lousat (65489)
- [2016-11-23 9:08]
Hi Ron,for me the first ID is correct but i'm not sure me too,the pic is amazing,not easy to show us great details like your of a black insect,fantastic shot!! Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
- amanengone (2113)
- [2016-12-04 4:43]
Hello Ron – Very good picture of this Tenebrionidae . Excellent view showing us all the details of the elytra and some of the head.
• Excellent focus on the elytra
• Perfect exposure with an appropriate choice of aperture/speed and iso
• Perfect depth of field and sharpness
• Good contrast
• Acceptable sharpness showing the details of the elytra; not enough details of the head to make a precise identification
• Precise white balance and exact colour rendition for insect and the mineral environment
• Good post processing without any excess
• Good background.
• Interesting picture showing the insect in his mineral environment; good capture.
• Efficient framing and composition with an appropriate disposition of the subject in diagonal inside the frame
• For an identification, you must have been closer to the insect and have used a macro lens to get more details
Thank you for the sharing.
Have a good day.
- CeltickRanger (37400)
- [2016-12-22 16:03]
Great macro of this insect, with fine POV and framing,
great DOF, focus, sharpness, and details, TFS
- meyerd (7531)
- [2017-01-23 6:27]
it's confusing, the many Tenebrionid beetles you can find in the Steppes and even deserts. This one I would call Pimelia>/I> sp. not knowing any better. The darklings are difficult to shoot, the uniform blackness does'nt help. But you did it just right.
Thanks for your comment on my picture. I will not post pictures on a regular basis because I don't have enough that might interest the TN experts.
My best regards to you, Dietrich