Those beautiful eyes!!!
|Copyright: Saju Das (leosaju) (35)|
|Date Taken: 2004-12-26|
|Camera: Olympus C760 UZ|
|Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop|
|Date Submitted: 2005-01-04 4:05|
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
|Photo of a Spotted deer.|
Name: The Spotted Deer (The Chital)
Scientific Name: Cervus axis axis
Habitat: They are seen in grassy forest glades, forest edges, woodland and shaded streams in moist and dry deciduous forests upto 1000 m .
Distinctive features: The Chital is perhaps the most beautiful of all deer. Its coat is bright rufous-fawn profusely spotted with white at all ages and all seasons. They are seen in herds of 10-30, which contains 2-3 stags.
They are found throughout India and Sri Lanka.
Photo Details: The photo was taken at Nisargadhama, a rest house run by the forest department of Karnataka. The place is around 92 Kms from Mysore, Karnataka.
What i liked about this photo was the expressive eyes of the deer. Any guesses as to what they are trying to say????????
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|
This image has potential, but the over exposed background is killing the impact of your shot. You have chosen a very difficult setting to shoot, as you have both shadows and bright sunlight in the same shot, but you got good detail on the deer.
I tried a workshop and I hope that you dont mind.
1. I cropped it more co that the backside of the incomplete deer is gone as well as most of the harsh sunlight.
2. I have adjusted the levels to get more exposure in the shade and on the deer.
3. I have adjusted the Hue and Saturation to add a bit of richness in the color
4. Replaced the harsh white sunlight with a darker color to simulate shade
5. Added a frame (which is personal taste) to make the image more complete.
I hope you like the result.
Thanks for posting and I like your note.